How Do You Unlock your Gift --- Begin With the End in Mind

The secret to unlocking your gift is knowing how high you are willing to JUMP.

Steven Covey in one of his excellent books titled:  “7 Habits of Highly Effective People” actually recommended that you should start the journey of discovering your gift or yourself by writing your own autobiography.

He specifically says write down what you want your best friend to say about you, what you want your spouse to say about you and what you want your children to say about you.

So I ask you again, have you written your personal biography and how you want the world to remember you and your gifting.

If you haven’t, then you must start today.

What does Begin with End in Mind really mean?

Architects do this a lot. They design a house before it is built.

That means that there is a mental (first) creation, and a physical (second) creation.

Begin with the End in Mind means to begin each day, task, or project with a clear vision of your desired direction and destination, and then continue by flexing your proactive muscles to make things happen.

That is what you must do every day to unlock your gift, mentally think about it, believe in it and then create it.

Ask yourself the following questions:
l  What kind of house do I want to live in?
l  What career level do I want to attain?
l  What educational level do I want to attain?
l  What ethical legacy do I want to leave for my children’s children?
l  What educational legacy do I want to leave for my children’s children?
l  What business legacy do I want to leave for my children’s children?

Answering these questions produces a mission statement that helps you align your gifts and your goals.

One more thing and please don’t forget: If you don’t plan for your future, someone else will!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Disrupt Yourself

SHARED ECONOMY

PLANNING IS EVERYTHING