HOW TO PASS ANY EXAM


HOW TO PASS ANY EXAM


We begin this New Year with a very important secret? Read on if you want to pass any exam henceforth. 

I want to share a principle that I have always used to pass most exams. 

Since 2006, I have written over 150 professional certification exams.

The fact is that I have been averaging one exam per month and 12 exams in a year for the past ten years.

This made an active reader, however I discovered that in order to pass any exam you need to do two things:

1.    Study with your 5 senses and
2.    Write a lot of practice tests

A research done by an organization in the United Kingdom lists what students do when studying for exams, they include:

1.    Making Notes
2.    Cramming
3.    Doing Practice Exams
4.    Reading over and or revising
5.    Rewriting their own notes

The ideal study approach is studying with all your 5 senses and writing lots of practice tests, before the exam. 

How do we achieve this feat? Join me on this journey as we unveil two approaches that must be used together.

Task 1: Develop your Visual, Aural, Reading/Writing and Kinesthetic (VARK) Skills

In order to develop this skill, kindly go to http://vark-learn.com/the-vark-questionnaire/ and answer the following questions. 

This questionnaire will tell you whether you are better at reading/writing or you are a visual learner. 

It also shows you the areas where you are not doing well.

In order to be able to be able to pass any exam, you must be:

1.    Visually  Active(study by watching videos on YouTube or video sites)

2.    Aural/Auditory Active (You must listen to words spoken in the classroom or training center)

3.    Read/Write Compliant (You must read books, articles and text about your subject of study)

4.    Kinesthetic (The ability to simulate or experience the course using real examples or practices. This is actually the part where you do a lot of practice tests.

When I took the VARK questionnaire, it showed me that I needed that to develop my visual skills which had a score of 6 compared to other skills that were above 12.

So from that time on till now, when I am preparing for any exam or studying for a course, I spend 2 to 10 hours of my study time watching YouTube videos of the field to get a better understanding of the course before I start reading/writing or simulating the exams.

It has really helped me to improve my studying and passing.

I recommend you do so today.

Start with a VARK profile review, develop the weak areas of the VARK profile and you are ready for Task 2.

Task 2: Write a lot of Practice Tests

“Stephen Covey author of the Seven Habits of Highly Effective people said in his book that if he had 8 hours to fall a tree, he will spend six hours sharpening his axe.”

The same approach goes to every student preparing for an exam:

I would say that if you have eight hours left, before your exam, spend 6 hours solving practice test questions.

This is the secret of success in any exam, because Practice makes perfect.

A survey showed that top students perform very well based on the number of practice exams they took before the real exam.

So what are you waiting for?

Start applying these rules today.


Note: Our appreciation goes to the inventor of VARK, Fleming and Mills and Steven Covey (of blessed memories) whose book 7 Habits of Highly Effective People and Eighth Habit impacted my life in many ways.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Disrupt Yourself

SHARED ECONOMY

PLANNING IS EVERYTHING